If you are shipping cargo that requires a temperature controlled environment, chances are you may be interested in refrigerated cargo shipping. A refrigerated shipping container enables you to safely transport your perishable goods to your international destination. This type of shipping is used to keep your items free from the evaporation and respiration that occurs during transportation.
While refrigerated shipping may seem like an added and unnecessary expense, it could be the difference between your goods arrive healthy and safe vs. damaged or unusable.
When it comes to cargo that needs a specific temperature, food items are often the most obvious, but there are actually many other products that may also require refrigerated shipping included certain types of medical supplies and materials.
With added technology and advancements in refrigerated shipping. many improvements have been made with international cargo shipping for refrigerated items. Refrigerated cargo containers are designed to maintain proper airflow and humidity levels. There are also containers that feature a freezing option for certain goods.
If you are exporting or importing goods overseas, or moving abroad, and are considering packing your materials in a refrigerated shipping container, here are seven facts you should know.
- Available Sizes: Generally, shipping companies that offer refrigerated containers offer two sizes: 20 and 40 feet containers. These are perfect for your small and large items looking for cooler temperatures. The larger option is ideal for furniture and large household items as well.
- Accommodation: Shipping containers are equipped to provide personalized cool temperatures based on your goods and needs. Although this service may seem broad and unspecific, refrigerated shipping is based off of the specific requirements for your individual products.
- Protecting High Value: These cool containers are ideal for your home goods like paintings, furniture and medicines. Some products become damaged because of the inadequate temperatures found inside regular cargo shipping containers.
- Extending Life: This style of transportation gives your products a longer shelf life while reducing waste. This is ideal for those who are looking to reduce waste as much as possible.
- Regular Containers Do Not Compare: Shipping containers that are not equipped to deal with cool temperatures create a warmer climate inside. Most cargo containers are actually 30F degrees cooler than the outside temperature. This is extremely important for those hoping to transport their belongings during the warm weather months or to warm destinations.
- It’s A Science: The business of refrigerated shipping is advanced and technologically sound. This industry requires an understanding of temperatures, humidity and chemical treatments. By choosing this option for international shipping, you can be assured that your goods are being safely and effectively stored.
- Ubiquitous: This type of temperature-controlled shipping has taken over the waters. In 2013, more than 74 percent of all cargo shipping featured refrigerated shipping. This type of container transportation has become a primary option for many individuals and not just importers and exporters.
After reading these seven facts, it is understandable why many people have chosen this type of cargo shipping. Refrigerated shipping may be more beneficial for your goods and will provide the perfect, safe environment for your belongings.