Car Crating and Moving
Calculate your volume, to get a quote with best price
So you’ve just bought a car from an auction and are looking for a way to get your new toy to you. You’ve found a new job in a different state and need to move your car to your new location, or, you are just moving to a new house with your family and need to ship your cars with your other household belongings.
Whatever your situation may be, you are going to have to hire licensed and insured auto transport companies that can securely transport your car. Here is a list of do’s and don’ts to help you make your move as safe as possible.
1. Don’t fill the gas tank all the way. There’s no point in filling up your gas tank before the move. Only ¼ tank of gas is necessary for transit so the auto shippers can easily load and unload your car.
2. Don’t stuff your car with other items that need to be shipped. Usually when people are moving their house and their cars, it seems like a logical choice to put some boxes and other smaller items in the car before the shippers pick it up. DO NOT DO THIS! Auto shippers are only liable for your car or any damage to it. The items inside the car are usually not covered in case of any damage or theft.
3. Disable all alarm systems. It’s better to disable your car alarm to prevent it from going off during transit and draining your battery. Not to mention saving the drivers a lot of headache during transit.
4. Check tire pressure. Although this seems like a trivial thing, it’s important that tires be properly inflated to ensure safe loading and unloading of your vehicle from the truck.
5. Turns the headlights or blinkers off. For obvious reasons, make sure the headlights and the turn signals are off. The last thing you need is a dead battery when your car is dropped-off.
6. Inspect your car for any damage or scratches. Before the shippers drive off with your car, thoroughly inspect your vehicle for any existing scratches or damage. This way you’ll know that your car is delivered in the condition it was picked up in.
Decide whether or not you would want your car to be transported in an open or enclosed containment unit. Having your car enclosed means having to spend more compared to open transport. However, your car does not get exposed to the elements like the wind and the rain. In case of a brand new car, it is recommended that you take the enclosed transport option.
PCS movers can exclusively deliver to cities as well as specific drop off places. After said drop off, it is expected that you go to the said location so you could collect your car. We have a certain checklist which contains all inspection details of your car before as well as after it is shipped.
Share the type of local, interstate or international move and the volume you are looking for? Call us at: (415) 822-1449
Why Choose PCS?
For more than 30 years, employees relocating overseas, businesses and other clients have been trusting Pacific Crating and Shipping to provide problem-free international moves, superior custom crates and dependable shipping services.
Fully bonded and licensed, PCS has maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for more than a decade. We are also a member of the International Association of Movers and the Household Goods Forwarders Association of America.
We value our clients and know each has their own individual needs. We offer custom crating and a variety of delivery methods as well as additional services such as short-term and long term storage, insurance coverage at competitive rates and consulting on customs regulations and documentation. Customer satisfaction is a priority as evidenced by our many client.
Every client gets the benefit of our decades of experience facilitating smooth international moves, building quality custom crates and providing safe, prompt shipping services. Our network of agents around the world allow us to provide door-to-door delivery just about anywhere and can also help our international moving clients with getting set up in their new host country. All our staff, including packers, frequently receive new training and certifications to ensure our clients get the best service possible.