The prospect of moving your home or office to an entirely new location can be a daunting task. It can be exciting or stressful depending on how well you have prepared for the entire relocation. Irrespective of whether you choose overseas shipping services, crating services, craters or freighters, long distance moves can become time-consuming and frustrating. To make the process easier, it is important to do your groundwork.
Planning for Local and Long Distance Moves
Plan Well in Advance
You must start your groundwork well-in-advance of your relocation date. Typically a two to three-month window will give you enough time to do your research about the local or long distance moving companies in the area. There are dime a dozen of such professional movers that are listed online as well as in books. Not everyone can meet your needs. There are a number of criteria to consider when evaluating movers and making the final decision.
- – First make a list of the potential movers you want to consider. This can also be based on recommendations from family and friends.
- – Next, you must engage with them regularly to understand the range of services they provide. For example, check if they provide crating services, professionals to pack your items, overseas shipping, including craters and freighters
- – Based on first impressions, you will be able to gauge their customer service standards. You will know if you will receive sufficient support if you have any issues.
- – Filter this list further to make a final selection.
Complete Sufficient Background Check
Second, once you have filtered this list, research their background to understand their experience in the field.
- – A well-established company also has a documented procedure is probably a better choice.
- – Probe and ask as many questions as possible.
- – Check for the choice of materials that will be in use for the kind of furniture you want to move. If you havmaterials materials e fragile items or items of high value, clearly bring this forward.
Further, with the world materials moving towards the use of environment friendly and reusable materials, ensure your movers do the same.
Another good option is to verify the reputation of your movers and packers with the Chamber of Commerce. Given their business needs, both organisations enjoy a mutual healthy business relationship.
Check for movable quotes
Check for quotes offered by your movable company. You have not yet made your decision at this time, but simply getting all the key evaluating criteria together. A thorough professional company will give a clear estimation for the type of service you choose. Freights and craters will have different quotes from overseas shipping and crating services. Based on further analysis and discussions, an established company will provide alternative options to help you make a choice.
Check other details
Ask the company to clearly lay out what is included as part of their services and what is not in their scope. Further, check if they offer insurance for your belongings and the extent of coverage. This critical piece of information will help you determine what you want to pack and prepare for the move.